#1, "Rules and guidelines for using this forum - PLEASE READ FIRST"
To all TRMA members,
It is our desire to maintain the focus of our primary forum on modeling, technical and historical topics. At the same time, we recognize that many items offered for sale, such as modeling parts, books, etc may be of interest and value to some members. Therefore, we will be initiating a new, separate Buy/Sell Forum for the purpose of posting information, updates, questions and discussion on items for sale. As it is our intent to ensure that sellers may not use the Buy/Sell forum as their personal e-commerce site, the following policies will apply to all postings:
1. All postings of items for sale must carry the seller's full name and means of contacting him, either an email address or a link to the seller's website (URL). The means of contact provided must go to the seller personally; commercial (corporate) postings will not be permitted.
2. Information on pricing and ordering may not be displayed on the Buy/Sell forum. This information must be made available outside this site, either on the seller's own website or via email from the seller directly. We recommend using the Private Message system on this forum base.
3. No advertising banners or website graphics will be permitted.
4. Photographs of items for sale may be displayed if they are do not carry advertising text or graphics.
5. No orders may be placed through the Buy/Sell forum. No postings involving confirmation of orders, inquiries about orders, items shipped or the like will be permitted.
6. The Buy/Sell forum may not be used as a means of contacting the seller about a specific order or if the seller has not answered an email inquiry. If the seller does not respond to an email from a purchaser, the purchaser must contact him privately, either through the seller's website or through the private email available through TRMA member log-in privileges.
7. Neither the TRMA nor its trustees recommend, endorse or warranty any seller or any items offered for sale through the Buy/Sell forum and will not be responsible for any financial loss incurred through failure of either the seller or the buyer to complete a transaction or to provide merchandise as represented.
8. The trustees reserve the right to delete any posts that are not in accordance with the above policies.
9. The trustees have the right to make changes or additions to these policies at any time without notice to sellers of this forum. Please check back to this topic on a regular basis.
The Trustees of the Titanic Research and Modeling Association